In all areas of our activity, we are guided by the principles of sustainable development, which dictate our concern for the needs of people in our closer and distant surroundings and the responsibility for our impact on the natural environment. Going beyond the compliance with the law, we have committed ourselves to comply with strict ethical standards in accordance with the Ethics Programme implemented by us in 2014.
We treat our adopted value system as a long-term commitment to all stakeholders of the LOTOS Group.
The pillars of our strategic approach to sustainable development:
The idea of sustainable development has been present in our organization for years. In our daily activities, we refer to the ‘Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy of the LOTOS Group for 2012-2015’. Its primary goal is to support the business strategy by using the company’s resources and competences to generate economic and social values for the benefit of the environment. Since its introduction in 2008, this document has been updated and verified in 2011, with active participation of the stakeholders.
Our activities in the field of social, economic and relationships
with key stakeholders and corporate governance, in particular refer to:
- minimizing the negative effects of operations and limiting the associated risks,
- maximizing the opportunities for sustainable development of the company in the long-term perspective,
- compliance with legal and ethical standards of conduct,
- increasing the positive contribution to social development.
We have identified 13 key objectives in the areas of:
- investing in human resources,
- strengthening the sphere of health and safety,
- integration with the local environment,
- management of natural resources in the production process,
- ethics and misconduct prevention in business activities,
- partnership with the market environment,
- security in the energy sector,
- communicating changes and access to information.
In 2017, we continued working on the development of a new version of the document, which will closely correspond to the challenges included in the business strategy for 2017-2022.
The strategy co-created with stakeholders through comprehensive consultations will enable us to maximize our positive impact on society, the natural environment and the economy, taking into account the latest conditions of the LOTOS Group.
The CSR Team in the Division of the Director of Communications of Grupa LOTOS S.A. is responsible for coordinating activities responsible for implementing the CSR strategy of the LOTOS Group.
The new CSR strategy of the LOTOS Group will also respond to the challenges defined in the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) until 2030, the Vision of Sustainable Development for Business in Poland until 2050 and in 10 Global Compact Principles.
In accordance with the Vision of Sustainable Development for Business in Poland until 2050, we committed ourselves to:
- base our activities on wide cooperation, innovative thinking and education of both our own employees and the society;
- run the business based on trust and dialogue;
- cooperate with academic centres and schools in the field of education of future employees;
- create conditions and development opportunities for employees;
- promote and support the implementation of new technological solutions;
- create infrastructure and conduct investments based on dialogue and in accordance
with the principles of sustainable development;
- take actions to reduce our negative impact
on the environment;
- introduce solutions to reduce energy consumption, both
in the field of implementing new technological solutions, process optimization as well as education;
- conduct a dialogue with the government and share their experiences on issues important to entrepreneurs and the economy;
- raise the level of ethics in business, including in relations with all the stakeholder groups.
Since 2009, we have been consciously adhering to and following the 10 Global Compact Principles in our business:
Principle 1. Support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights.
Principle 2. Make sure that it is not complicit in human rights abuses.
Principle 3. Uphold freedom of association.
Principle 4. Uphold the elimination of all forms of forced or compulsory labour.
Principle 5. Abolition of child labor.
Principle 6. Uphold the elimination of discrimination in employment and occupation.
Principle 7. Support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
Principle 8. Undertake initiatives to promote environmental responsibility.
Rule 9. Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
Rule 10.Work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.